zondag 13 november 2011

Looking back at interesting first months

It's been a few weeks since my last post. I have been very busy with exams, settling in a new city and making new friends. I have to say, studying at the RUG has been a delight. Definitely one of the greater decisions I've made. The last couple of months I've had several wake up calls that my english still is not as good as it should be. There is no problem reading my textbooks, but when I am giving presentations I tend to make grammar mistakes. I actually do notice them at that time, but it just happens. Of course, all of my classes create english spoken group discussions so I have no doubt this tiny problem will be forever lasting. I also still encounter words I've never heard of and probably will never use. I don't see this as a problem that is out of the ordinary. I asked some of my American friends if they knew any of the words I presented them, and they had no clue whatsoever.
   Tomorrow I start two new subjects. Financial accounting is one of them, and it scares the living hell out of me. Last year I had this subject as well and it was a nightmare. I just never seemed to get what was going on. So that will be very time consuming for the coming months.
   Enough about school, I've done more than just go to school. I actually joined the water polo club, De Walvis, but I'm not sure if I will continue to practice with them and play for that team. Maybe arrogant, but as a ex-intercollegiate water polo athlete I believe they lack experience and talent. But I'm going to have to look into that and find a substitute sport. I was thinking, maybe american football? The greatest game invented!
   More on that next time. This is all for now, hope you have enjoyed reading.

Max

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten